Hey Guys, if you have landed here while searching about ‘black screen’ or ‘no splash screen’ or ‘black launch screen’ on iOS 8 or 7 devices using XCode 7, then its the right place for you because somehow I figured out the working solution for it.
1. First step is to make Launch Screen.storyboard, which seems to be compulsory to make it work on iOS 7 and iOS 8.
2. Go to XCode->File->New->File->User Interface->Launch Screen
3. Inside the View, remove existing default labels and add image view with your launch image, also make it ‘aspect fit’ mode.
4. Create constraints for image view by XCode->Editor->Resolve Auto Layout Issues->Reset to suggested constraints, so it should look like below.
It is required to auto resize of imageview for different device’s screen size.
5. Now Go to XCode->Project Settings of Target->General, and set Launch Screen File as your newly created storyboard file name, in my case its LaunchScreen
6. We also have to set Launch Image set by clicking on ‘Launch Images Sources’ and then add iOS Launch images in xcassets file, as shown below
7. Also make sure you unselect ‘iOS 7 and later’ options, just add images for ‘iOS 8 and later’ and ‘iOS 6 and later’ options, as shown below
8. Now select ‘LaunchImage’ option at ‘Project settings of target->General->Launch Image Sources’.
After doing above 8 steps, your issue of black screen should be resolved, in case if you still find problem, please do comment here with details and I’ll try to get back asap.